Monday, January 25, 2010

Give your clients something THEY want.

A social media audit is a great place to start when you want to find out what people are saying about you and who they are. If you don't know who they are, then how or why talk back? What voice do you use? What do they want? I just got a text message from Snowbird Ski Resort in Cottonwood Canyon Utah and all it said was "Seven feet of snow in the last seven days. come on up."

I got the new free Snowbird iphone app, created by the amazing guys at welikesmall.com , and so of course I gave them my number and name. Now they could of texted me and begged me to come up during the last 30 days of little snow and fewer customers. That is what they needed -- Customers. But they waited until they had something I wanted. Snow! So instead of being pissed off that I got a text from some company I was elated.(And normally I do get pissed off)

Give them something they want and your business will grow. Try to "sell" them on their mobile device, facebook, twitter or what ever and you will fail.


Good luck.

david

2 comments:

  1. Yostman, thanks for the props. Yes indeed, when we built the Push functionality for the Snowbird folks, we were worried about the potential of overuse for gratuitous promotion. We advised that they use it only when appropriate; big dumps, road closures, ticket deals. We think they have abided. BTW, I hope you didn't overpay when you "bought" the app. The rest of us got it for free, as it's a free app in the iTunes store. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Yep I changed it to Free app. My bad...

    ReplyDelete